The online program in Security Management is offered by the American Public University System. In this online program, you’ll also study strategic decision making and the evaluation of security programs.
Field work in the areas of executive protection and recovery, trade secret protection, background investigations, surveillance, IT security, and cybersecurity are but a few choices available in the security management field. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of security management without committing to a degree program.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Ascertain and evaluate the aspects of vulnerabilities, threats, and countermeasures, as they pertain to assets protection.
- Analyze the security concepts in various programs, including personnel security, information security, and physical security.
- Assess the methodologies of resource allocation as it pertains to applying appropriate security through the use of protective services.
- Conduct risk assessment analysis of computer facilities, including identifying types of threats and probabilities of occurrences.
- Describe and apply various security management plans and principles appropriate to crisis situations and distinguish the management approaches to threats.
- Distinguish between industrial and economic espionage that present threats to either business or government organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cases in Executive Decision Making
- Assets Protection & Loss Prevention Management
- Evaluation of Security Programs
- Contemporary Issues in Security Management
- Protective Services
- Computer Crime
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Terrorism & Security View 577 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International350 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 350 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National350 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 350 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
We charge a $50 technology fee (per course). Additional fees might apply.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!