Develop an advanced understanding of how government works, while gaining the research, writing, and analytical capabilities needed to evaluate domestic policy at all levels of government with the Political Science MA course at the American Public University.
Among the largest political science master’s programs in the nation, this program examines American government theory and process, comparative politics, contemporary political institutions, defense and security policy, foreign policy, international law, political philosophy, and regional and transnational organizations. The program takes a critical look at the institutions of the U.S. presidency, Congress, as well as international political systems.
To conclude your MA in Political Science, you have the option of creating a portfolio and reflection paper or taking a comprehensive exam.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- American Politics and Government
- Comparative Government and Development
- International Relations
- Public Policy
What You Will Do
- Apply the basic concepts of government, governance, economy, and civil society to contemporary political systems
- Understand the components of representative democracy and compare those against other political systems
- Collect the appropriate information and data used to form social, economic, foreign affairs, and security policy and evaluate their outcomes
- Assess the actors and processes involved in policymaking
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The U.S. Presidency, Congress, & Bureaucracy
- Political Philosophy
- International Political Systems
- Public Policy
- Diversity in American Politics
- Research Design and Methods
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesAmerican Studies Public Policy Political Science View 21 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.