Gain an advanced understanding of secure network design and the development of security policies and programs with the Information Systems Security Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
In your online information systems security classes, you’ll learn the guiding principles of information systems security and enhance your knowledge of cryptography. You’ll also study business continuity planning and other skills to protect organizational systems from a growing number of increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks.
This program is ideal if you want to acquire more information systems security knowledge without committing to a degree program.
What You Will Do
- Develop your knowledge of the differences between various physical and logical network structures and evaluate various types of security architecture and design models
- Learn about the seven-layer Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) networking model and how it relates to common protocol stacks and become familiar with data packet components (such as a header, body, and cyclical redundancy check [CRC])
- Understand network security principles and cellular network architecture
- Study how to secure current and next-generation telecommunications networks and the principles of intrusion detection and intrusion prevention
- Become familiar with the different types of cryptographic algorithm
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Forensics
- Computer Networks and Data Systems
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Intrusion Detection and Incident Handling
- Information Assurance
- Information Security Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems IT Security Cyber Security View 102 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – Present) or a combination of the following: CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification
- Completion of CISSP certification
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.