With the Information Assurance Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University, you’ll gain an advanced understanding of the theory and technical skills for threat detection and securing vital, sensitive information assets for organizational and government agency networks.
APU’s online information assurance courses enable you to deepen your knowledge of network security solutions, tiered security assessments, specific solutions for specialized needs, continuous monitoring, and activity analysis. You’ll also learn:
- Best practices in threat detection, warnings, and attacks
- Proper security awareness training and support
- Infrastructure security engineering
This certificate is ideal for improving your knowledge of information assurance without committing to a degree program.
What You Will Do
- Develop familiarity with the components of an information assurance and certification plan
- Evaluate security governance objectives and risk management objectives
- Learn about the phases, processes, standards, levels, and process areas of the INFOSEC Assessment Capability Maturity Model (IA-CMM)
- Understand how to assess and conduct a complete threat, vulnerability, impact, and risk assessment and how to blend risk mitigation strategies based on data analysis
- Understand the processes and products of INFOSEC assessment methods (IAM), and how to create information security management measurements by analyzing incident management and response data
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Networks and Data Systems
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Information Assurance
- Information Assurance: Assessment and Evaluation
- Information Assurance: Capability Maturity and Appraisals
- Information Security Management
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Data Science & Big Data IT Security View 99 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this certificate - to be documented in your resume or your Joint Services Transcript (JST) and DD214
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Certification from CompTIA A+ (2010 – Present) or a combination of the following: CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Project +, CompTIA Security+
- A valid and current Project Management Professional certification
- Completion of CISSP certification
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.