Probe the rich antiquities of the medieval church, the rise of the papacy, and the Renaissance by enrolling in the European History Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
This rigorous six-course history certificate examines the growth of humanism, prominent city-states, the monarchies of the Holy Roman Empire, religious wars, and the Protestant Reformation. Your studies will contribute to an understanding of how these events shaped the economies, industries, and cultures of the modern world.
The program emphasizes the impact European history had on the United States, Great Britain, Japan, and Germany during World War II and how Europe differentiated itself from most other regions of the world.
What You Will Do
- Distinguish the major social, political, and cultural changes of the Enlightenment in Europe from the death of Louis XIV to the fall of Napoleon
- Determine the origins of World War I in Europe and assess its combatants, strategy and tactics, and technological innovations
- Compare the economies, industry, society, and culture of the U.S., Great Britain, Japan, and Germany during World War II
- Assess modern European history since the Congress of Vienna including social, economic, cultural, and political experiences common to Europe
- Discuss the medieval church and rise of the Renaissance papacy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Seminar in World History
- History of the Enlightenment
- 18th and 19th Century Europe
- The Great War
- World War II in Context
- Modern European History
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesHistory Modern History European Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.