The Environmental Planning and Design Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University offers you the opportunity to learn how to develop, design, and evaluate actionable strategies for implementing sustainable design practices at the landscape scale.
With this environmental planning certificate, you’ll deepen your knowledge of planning tools such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), environmental impact analyses, hazard mitigation, spatial analysis, and sustainable design principles. In addition, you’ll study the complex correlations among humans, natural resource usage, and the resulting impact on the environment. You’ll also participate in practical projects using real-world tools.
Furthermore, you’ll become familiar with the role of government at the local, regional, national, and international levels in environmental planning. This graduate certificate is ideal for expanding your knowledge of environmental planning and design without committing to a degree program.
What You Will Do
- Study all elements necessary to design, implement, and evaluate sustainable developments, landscapes, and environments
- Understand the complex and dynamic interactions between humans and their environment
- Become familiar with the role of government policy at municipal, regional, national, and global levels to achieve sustainable development
- Learn the concepts to practical applications in order to design and implement sustainable environmental planning
- Grow your knowledge of environmental policymaking, environmental legislation, socio-political environmental planning influences, and development plans to comply with professional environmental planning and sustainability principles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hazard Mitigation and Resilient Communities
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Policy, Regulation, and Law
- Watershed Management
- Elements of Sustainable Design
- Landscape Ecology and Planning
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Ecology Urban Planning View 18 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.