Discover how emergency support functions work together when you enroll in the Emergency and Disaster Management Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
Disaster preparedness certification is becoming increasingly popular. APU’s program may be helpful preparation for those with such goals. This online emergency management certificate offers insight into collaboration by law enforcement, fire, public works, and the healthcare communities in creating an integrated emergency management system. Coursework also informs your definition of disaster, introducing you to hazard analysis, mitigation, planning, communication, response, and recovery.
Numerous faculty are board-certified emergency managers (CEM) or have government, safety, or security experience. Some students are members of the International Association of Emergency Managers.
What You Will Learn
- Assess the impact of federal Homeland Security legislation and regulation and the placement of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within the Department of Homeland Security on FEMA’s ability to perform in its traditional emergency and disaster role
- Develop budgetary guidance for emergency management functions
- Assess the threats to the community that derive from actual and potential "mass casualty/high impact" incidents and judge the effectiveness of the National Incident Management System on the results of such incidents
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency Management and Public Law
- Emergency and Disaster Theory
- Emergency and Disaster Planning and Management
- Interagency Disaster Management
- Economics of Disaster
- Case Analysis: Crisis and Disaster
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Law Emergency & Disaster Management View 29 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.