It provides a theoretical foundation and understanding of what constitutes disaster, and offers you a glimpse into real-world emergency operations centers. You’ll also uncover how various emergency support functions (fire, law enforcement, public works, healthcare providers, etc.) work together in an integrated emergency management system.
The graduate certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management at American Public University System is taught by highly credentialed and experienced instructors, many who are board-certified emergency managers (CEM) or who hold key positions in government agencies or national safety and security organizations.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Assess the impact of federal Homeland Security legislation and regulation, and the placement of FEMA within the Department of Homeland Security, on FEMA’s ability to perform in its traditional emergency and disaster role.
- Develop budgetary guidance for emergency management functions.
- Assess the threats to the community that derive from actual and potential "mass casualty--high impact" incidents and judge the effectiveness of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) upon the results of such incidents.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency Management and Public Law
- Emergency and Disaster Theory
- Emergency and Disaster Planning and Management
- Interagency Disaster Management
- Economics of Disaster
- Case Analysis: Crisis and Disaster
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 29 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.