Study the history of America from the Revolutionary War to the modern era by enrolling in the American History Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University.
This six-course online certificate in American history goes beyond facts and dates to investigate the political, economic, cultural, and social dynamics, as well as the religious values that contributed to the development of the nation. This graduate certificate in history includes a thorough exploration of the American Revolution, the Civil War, western expansion and the tumultuous 20th century. You will also examine the myriad ways that industrialization, immigration, urbanization, isolationism, and war impacted American society.
Faculty bring their real-world expertise as published historians and military leaders to augment your learning.
What You Will Do
- Analyze 18th century British and colonial American society, culture, economics, politics and religion
- Assess the political, economic, cultural, and social aspects of the Civil War, including its causes and aftermath
- Evaluate the impact of industrialization, immigration, urbanization, the Great Depression, and two world wars
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of historic events and the complexity of human experiences over time and place
- Graduate Seminar in U.S. History
- History of Colonial America
- The American Revolution in Context
- Antebellum America: Prelude to the Civil War
- The Civil War: Seminal Event in American History
- The United States in the 20th Century
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesHistory Modern History American Studies View 7 other Masters in American Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU master's degree/graduate certificate programs require a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National6660 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.