Delve into the latest advances in human bioenergetics, nutrition, exercise science, and movement. The Sports and Health Sciences MSc course at the American Public University guides you in designing fitness plans to help people optimize their physical performance.
As a bonus, through a partnership with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), this program provides access to proprietary course content and an opportunity to seek certification as a Certified Professional Trainer (CPT), Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), and Group Fitness Instructor (GFI). Exams through NASM are made available at preferred student pricing.
You’ll analyze humans from a physical, physiological, psychological, and functional standpoint, all the while developing your critical thinking skills with this focused master’s degree in sports and health sciences.
Through our online master’s in sports and health sciences—one of the few fully online master’s programs—you will be introduced to working with various populations striving to reach athletic, fitness, exercise, and general health goals.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Exercise Science and Human Performance
- Health and Wellness Management
What You Will Do
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research to relevant issues in sports and health sciences
- Understand the relationships between psychological behaviors such as personality, motivation, stress, and aggression
- Analyze sport movements and design movement-oriented exercise prescriptions
- Illustrate the potential for enhancement of muscle strength, muscular endurance, power, flexibility, and motor performance during anaerobic training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics for Sports and Health Sciences
- Advanced Exercise and Sport Physiology
- Motor Learning
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Advanced Methods of Strength and Conditioning
- Sport Psychology
- Critical Thinking in the Sports and Health Industries
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 39 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.