In this Master of Science in Information Technology offered by American Public University System, you will study the theory, principles, best practices, tools, and technologies associated with the IT marketplace.
You’ll also be taught the analytic, problem-solving, and research skills required to solve real world business problems. This master’s degree is applicable to many career opportunities including: systems analyst; infrastructure architect; database analyst; application development manager; project manager; IT security analyst; disaster recovery manager; and forensics specialist.
In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, this degree also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates:
- Apply key management theory, principles, best practices, tools, and technologies associated with information systems.
- Analyze selected research methods and tools.
- Utilize graduate level critical thinking, reasoning, and writing to defend the logic and the conclusions in scholarly research.
- Plan the processes, phases, domains, and measures for effectively managing complex information technology projects.
- Design a normalized and optimized enterprise database system.
- Produce a plan that addresses the principles and challenges in incorporating emerging network architectures, technologies, and protocols into information technology systems.
- Develop legal, social, ethical, and technical solutions for securing information systems.
- Assess the vulnerabilities of information systems with respect to security and the methodologies to mitigate this risk.
- Perform in-depth research and critical analysis on thesis subject or creative project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Forensics
- Information Assurance and Security
- IT Project Management
- Management Information Systems
- Research Methods in Information Systems and Technology
- Enterprise Database Systems
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Forensic Science View 38 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- 2 years of work experience in the specific sub-field for this degree
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor or concentration during your undergraduate program
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.