The Cybersecurity Studies MSc course at the American Public University provides you with an advanced understanding of large-scale cyber threats and cyber attack prevention, detection, and response. Build your foundation in network security, information assurance, risk management, information security, cybercrime, and digital forensics with the Master of Science in Cybersecurity Studies.
Become familiar with the issues, policies, practices, and perspectives of various sectors, agencies, and disciplines, such as national security, intelligence, criminal justice, and emergency management through this master’s degree in cybersecurity studies. Deepen your understanding of how cyberthreats impact human behaviors, public confidence, stock markets, economic sectors, and other critical infrastructures.
What You Will Do
- Understand national cyber threats and cybersecurity challenges arising from both external attackers and insider threats
- Study the legal, social, regulatory, ethical, and technical issues related to securing information systems and national critical infrastructures
- Comprehend interdisciplinary policies, practices, perspectives, and products required to address the cyber threats to information systems and critical infrastructures
- Learn the methods of vulnerability assessment, risk mitigation, auditing, and certification of information systems and critical infrastructures
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cyber Policy and Practice in National Security
- Law, Ethics and Cybersecurity
- Emergency Management Perspectives on Cybersecurity
- Security Risk Management
- Cyber Intelligence
- Computer Forensics
- Advanced Cybercrime Analysis
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesCriminal Law IT Security Cyber Security View 99 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
For this program, you must provide an official transcript of your previously-completed bachelor's or master's degree and have ONE of the following:
- Associate or bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- Completion of one of our undergraduate IT certificates
- Completion of 6 upper-level (300-400) undergraduate credits in IT-related courses
- Completion of an IT-related minor of concentration in student's undergraduate program.
- 5 years of work experience in cybersecurity operations
- 5 years of work experience at the senior level in information security, criminal justice, emergency management, intelligence, homeland security
- Certifications in at least one : CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, SSCP, EC-Council Ethical Hacking, Cisco CCNA Security
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.