This program at American Public University System extends the knowledge gained in an undergraduate accounting program to enhance your skills in written communication, research, and complex problem solving. No matter your passion, an accounting degree can help you mix that passion into your profession.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of the Master of Science in Accounting expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Research and appraise historic, current, and developing authoritative standards in accounting and apply them appropriately to complex financial transactions.
- Utilize Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to produce and interpret financial statements for various types of organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical framework for accountants adopted by professional accounting organizations, such as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- Analyze, evaluate, and organize financial data to facilitate managerial decision making.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of an organization's financial information and provide a written assessment of the results.
This program has been designed in consultation with industry business leaders, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and has earned additional ACBSP Specialized Accounting Accreditation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Management Perspective
- Managerial Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesAccounting Auditing Forensic Accounting View 150 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- In addition, you will need to provide an official transcript of your completed bachelor’s or master’s degree showing proof of completion of this required coursework: Auditing: 3 credit hours, Cost Accounting or Managerial Accounting: 3 credit hours, Individual Federal Taxation: 3 credit hours, Intermediate Accounting: 6 credit hours.
- Pre-admission courses must be grade C or better at the undergraduate level; B or better at the graduate level.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.