Develop the advanced knowledge needed to tackle complex accounting issues found in business, nonprofit, government, and private organizations with the Accounting MSc course offered by the American Public University.
APU’s master’s in accounting online program emphasizes theory and practical skills, while enabling you to enhance written communication and research capacities to address complex problem solving. Simulations and labs provide an immersive learning experience. The program ends with a thesis based on your research of a current industry issue.
Successful completion may or may not satisfy the educational requirements for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Educational requirements for the CPA exam vary by state.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Applied Business Analytics
- Government Accounting
- Health Information Management
- Information Technology
- Internal Auditing
What You Will Do
- Analyze an organization’s financial information in depth, assessing the findings in writing
- Evaluate and organize financial data to aid managerial decision making
- Apply past, present, and emerging standards in accounting to complex financial transactions
- Produce and interpret financial statements for various organizations using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical framework for accountants adopted by professional accounting organizations
- This program has earned specialized accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Accounting
- Individual Tax Research and Planning
- Advanced Federal Taxation
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesAccounting Auditing Forensic Accounting View 154 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- In addition, you will need to provide an official transcript of your completed bachelor’s or master’s degree showing proof of completion of this required coursework: Auditing: 3 credit hours, Cost Accounting or Managerial Accounting: 3 credit hours, Individual Federal Taxation: 3 credit hours, Intermediate Accounting: 6 credit hours.
- Pre-admission courses must be grade C or better at the undergraduate level; B or better at the graduate level.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.