Each educational leadership concentration provides a different focus and offers practical applications, as well as the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to be successful as an educational leader.
The online Master of Education in Educational Leadership at American Public University System is meant for practicing teachers seeking administrator roles which do not require state certification.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Manage a school setting with awareness of historical, social, political, legal, and economic influences on education, show effective leadership, and also recognize the importance of community and collaboration.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills to work well with school personnel, pupils, and parents and to acknowledge and appreciate diversity in its many forms to assess and instruct without influence of bias.
- Use educational technology as an effective tool to promote student learning as well as a means to improve communication among colleagues, staff, parents, students, and the larger community.
- Develop school policy, implement strategic plans and new programs, exhibit problem-solving skills, analyze and respond to emerging issues and trends in education, and put into practice the accepted norms and principles of educational research.
- Manage daily school operations including record keeping, finances, and reports, and show effective leadership in the areas of supervision, evaluation, professional development, legal issues, and school reform.
- Evaluate and effectively use performance-based assessments, and implement assessment, instruction, evaluation, and intervention plans as appropriate for diverse learner needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Professional School Leader-Certification Track
- Critical Perspectives on Diversity and Culture
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Research Methods in Education
- Emerging Issues and Trends in Education Leadership
- Education, Law, Ethics, and Politics
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1021 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).In addition, the following documentation is required for admission into any of the Educational Leadership program concentrations, and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU)
- Documentation of 3 years teaching experience or 3 years managerial experience in an instructional setting
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.