Enhance your teaching knowledge with particular attention on instruction, curriculum, and professional development with the Teaching MEd course at the American Public University.
It is a nonlicensure program and one of the master’s degrees for teachers designed for currently licensed classroom educators seeking a graduate degree in teaching. APU’s online teaching master’s program focuses on meeting the needs of diverse learners—considering theory, research, and evidence-based practices. There is a heavy emphasis on technology integration throughout the program. Animated assignments, case studies, advanced lesson planning, and problem-based learning enrich your studies.
Multiple concentrations are available with this master’s teaching degree online program, including STEAM (STEM + the Arts), which provides insight on teaching with, through, and about the arts. Content in other concentration options includes autism, humane education, teacher leadership, and integrated/thematic instruction.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Curriculum and Instruction for Elementary Teachers
- Elementary Reading
- English Language Learners
- Instructional Leadership
- Online Learning
- STEAM (STEM + the Arts)
- Special Education
What You Will Do
- Evaluate subjects and how to teach them to students
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate student learning
- Engage as members of learning communities
- Integrate problem-based inquiry into lesson planning and teaching
- Integrate action research to enhance student achievement and address problems in practice
- Discover ways to interact with program mentors, academic specialists, colleagues, parents, and community stakeholders
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Professional Educator
- Critical Perspectives on Diversity and Culture
- Classroom Management for the 21st Century
- Maximizing Student Achievement Through Effective Assessment
- Meaningful Inclusive Instruction and Co-Teaching
- Research Methods in Education
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 342 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- In addition, the following documentation is required for admission into this program, and must be provided prior to course registration: Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree; School of Education non-certification questionnaire; Graduate writing sample; Signed statement of understanding.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.