Through excellence in teaching, research, and service, this respected online program seeks to educate and develop capable leaders in the public health workforce by closely aligning with academic community partners and by empowering students to address relevant public health problems today.
This master degree program in Public Health, offered by the American Public University System, challenges you to proactively seek implementable solutions and to develop preventative measures by understanding the scientific, psychological, and sociological competencies that significantly impact public health policy and practices today.
In a student-focused learning environment, this online MPH program provides you with a foundational understanding of the five core disciplines of public health: biostatistics; environmental health sciences; epidemiology; health policy and management; and social and behavioral sciences.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Assimilate knowledge and practice of community-based learning, research, and service into their professions.
- Comprehend the interaction of behavioral, social, and physical environments on public health outcomes.
- Apply evidence-based principles and a scientific knowledge base to critical evaluation and decision making in public health.
- Synthesize concepts associated with power, politics, and organizational performance in healthcare settings.
- Summarize issues and concepts related to the impact of environmental health on our global society.
- Explain how selected and widely employed social and behavioral science theories, models, constructs, and principles can be used to develop or improve programs to address major public health issues.
- Critically review and apply evidence-based evaluation of published medical and public health literature.
- Develop a framework, based on a mission, goals, and objectives and/or competencies, to evaluate public health programs for their effectiveness and quality.
- Synthesize concepts associated with specific research tasks: hypothesis construction, conceptualizing terms, literature review, data collection, critical analysis, and communicate findings.
- Examine the application of epidemiology to screening, infectious disease prevention, and policy.
- Assess the moral and ethical precepts that underlie the goals of the public health profession.
- Generate, analyze, apply, and interpret statistical data as related to public health problems and to further biomedical research.
Our Master’s in Public Health is accredited by Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) for a five-year term, extending to July 1, 2022. View our accreditation page for more details, or to request a copy of the self-study and the final CEPH report.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health in America
- Health Policy
- Biostatistics with Lab
- Public Health and Environment
- Social and Behavioral Aspects of Health
- Public Health Program Planning and Evaluation
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Health View 236 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
In addition, the following documentation is required for admission into this program, and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Three (3) character references
- Official transcripts showing a conferred bachelor's degree or higher
- Your resume/CV
- Statement of purpose and interest
- Graduate essay
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.