Learn how to tackle tough questions, break silos, creatively problem solve, and communicate solutions by enrolling in the Public Administration MPA course at the American Public University.
APU’s MPA degree is designed for those currently in public management or service—providing a broad understanding of the goals and challenges of public administration. This public administration degree online program examines the field from a planning, organization, management, and analytic perspective, while building knowledge of administrative theory, as well as program and policy process.
This program promotes the core values of service, ethics, competence, and diversity. Using case studies and facilitated discussion, you collaborate with fellow students to strategically address issues and build a shared learning experience.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Coaching and Conflict Resolution
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Policy
- Health Policy
- Human Resources
- National Security
- Organizational Management
- Public Policy
- Security Management
What You Will Do
- Assess the leading approaches to managing public organizations
- Evaluate the moral, legal, and ethical aspects of decision-making in the public sector
- Evaluate the government budgeting process and funding of government programs and organizations
- Appraise the role of government organizations in public policy development and implementation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Administration in Society
- Public Writing
- Ethics in Government
- Public Policy
- Public Management
- Public Finance
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Law Public Policy View 157 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International13320 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National13320 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.