In its broadest sense, emergency management focuses on the organisation of communities to respond to disasters, survive them, rebuild social structures and infrastructure, and sustain and preserve life.
For most students embarking on emergency management studies, the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management from Massey University will be their first step. The Graduate Certificate provides an introduction to emergency management concepts and incident command systems.
- Natural Hazards
- Coping with Disasters
- Emergency management
- Emergency Management in Practice
- Natural Hazards and Resilient Communities
- Techniques and Methods in Evaluation Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMilitary Science Sustainable Development View 4 other Masters in Sustainable Development in New Zealand
- A Graduate Diploma in Emergency Management or
- a Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management, with at least a B grade average
- An undergraduate degree AND at least two years of relevant industry/professional experience
International11439 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11439 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4278 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 17,670 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.