The food industry in the United Kingdom has developed a world-renown reputation for the production of exceptional quality, safe, wholesome products. To maintain this position in the global market, it is vital that the workforce is equally competent and highly skilled.
It is ideal for students and professionals seeking to expand their career prospects into a wide range of food manufacturing, commercial, government or research roles in the broad field of food science and food technology.
Students of the M.Sc. of Food Science and Technology at Cardiff Metropolitan University will be presented with tasks to develop and strengthen their knowledge, leadership, research and problem-solving skills in order to meet the global challenges associated within all aspects of the food industry, from farm to fork.
The university is home to the Zero2Five Food Industry Centre, a leading centre of excellence that provides food businesses with technical, operational and commercial support to enable them to compete more effectively. The Centre has an international reputation for food safety research and provides expertise, training and advice to the food industry, and students undertaking this degree will benefit from the close association and expertise from the Centre and staff.
Employability & Careers:
The programme provides the potential for graduates to progress within the food industry, retail, government or education. Our past students have found employment in some of the major UK retailers, local regional and international food manufacturers, food laboratories, various sectors of the Government and consultancy advisory roles.
More informationVisit official programme website
Core Modules include:
- Global Food Quality Management Systems
- Global Food Product Conformity
- Research Methods
- Global Food Safety
- Research Project
- Industry Placement (for Industry pathway)
Food Chemistry and Biochemistry:
- Food Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Analysis and Examination of Food
Food Safety Management:
- Crisis Management
- Risk Perception, Assessment and Communication
Food Product Development:
- Food Product Development
- Processing Technology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences View 497 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours degree in relevant science and/or technology subjects.
- Under certain circumstances, applicants who do not possess a first degree, but who can demonstrate relevant industrial/professional experience in a cognate discipline will also be considered.
- International applications are required to satisfy the University’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
- Written application which may be supplemented by an interview.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Postgraduate (Masters) Standard 20 credit fee: 1,000.00 GBP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.