The Environmental and Natural Resource Economics course offered at Durham University, consists of a set of core and elective modules, culminating in a practice- based business project or a research-based dissertation.
Helping you get an inside perspective on global business is a key part of the programme. That’s why we offer a range of opportunities to help you immerse yourself in a country’s business and academic environment, make new contacts and stand out in a competitive job market. These include:
- Dissertation Abroad
If your ambitions lie beyond the UK, we offer a number of places on our unique Dissertation Abroad scheme. This will involve writing a dissertation at one of our international partner institutions in the period June to August. A number of scholarships are available.
- International Study Tour
We organise an optional International Study Tour to a European destination, typically Switzerland. This intensive programme takes place over several days, normally in March/April, and offers you a great opportunity to get an ‘inside perspective’ on international business, and to network with key staff within organisations.
Key to your career
Whatever your specialist interests, you’ll find our careers team is one of the most useful resources to support you on your way to your target career. Now more than ever, it’s the skills you’re able to demonstrate in addition to your academic abilities that will make you shine in a fiercely competitive jobs market.
That’s why our facilities and services are designed to complement your course and help you develop essential professional and practical skills – from personal resilience and self-awareness to CV writing and interview techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Econometric Methods and Microeconometrics
- Behavioural Finance and Economics
- Development Economics
- Environmental Economics and Policy
- Environmental Valuation
- Experimental Economics and Finance
- Game Theory
- Industrial Organisation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Natural Resource Management View 425 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- The equivalent of a UK first or upper second class honours degree with evidence on your degree transcript of strong grades in statistical modules in your second, third or fourth year and that your programme contained a substantial Economics component.
You will need to complete an online application form. To support your online application form, you will need to provide the following documents.
- Two academic references using our standard form
- Official transcript of marks
- Copy of degree certificate (if available)
- Copy of English test results (if available).
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Durham University is delighted to offer a wide range of full and partial funding opportunities to outstanding applicants wishing to study towards Masters and doctoral degrees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.