The Master's in Global Change - Ecosystem Science and Policy programme at Justus Liebig University Giessen has a duration of 16 months and comprises 120 credit points. It is completely taught in English.
Graduates will receive a joint Master's degree from both universities. The first semester is based at University College Dublin, where students have to pay the programme tuition fee.
Global change refers to planetary-scale changes occurring in complex socio-ecological systems. Understanding the intricate changes in our land, air and water requires advanced scientific knowledge in measurement, modelling and prediction. This joint international MSc course between the University College Dublin (UCD) and the Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a response to these global change challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Methods for Engineers
- Plant-Atmosphere Climate Interaction
- Global Change Ecology — Introduction
- Science and Policy
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Law and Policy
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation View 9 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Germany
- This programme is intended for applicants with a Bachelor degree in an appropriate life sciences discipline, such as biology, agriculture or environmental science (including zoology, ecology, biochemistry, geology and physics). A bachelor degree (NFQ Level 8) with honours 2(2) (GPA 2.48 or higher) or international equivalent is required.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International25600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25600 EUR per year and a duration of 16 months.
EU/EEA8410 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8410 EUR per year and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.