The University of Massachusetts Lowell, well-known for its strong reputation in Criminal Justice education programs, offers a broad range of classes in leadership, administrative and management skills in crisis and emergency management, public policy, crime analysis, forensic psychology, and terrorism.
Students enrolled in the Criminal Justice program complete a total of 11 courses (33 credits). The core curriculum consists of five required courses dealing with theory, research, scholarship, quantitative analysis, and criminal justice administration. Students choose another six courses from a list of electives, allowing them to focus their studies on areas that are best suited to their own particular career goals and objectives.
The Online Master's Degree in Criminal Justice serves four types of students:
- those seeking a master's degree as a prerequisite for entry into the criminal justice field;
- those currently in service in the criminal justice system who wish to broaden their skills and obtain job-related knowledge and expertise;
- those currently in the criminal justice system seeking to specialize and/or work in some other area of the system; and
- those currently in the system or pre-service who wish to obtain the training and expertise necessary to meet the growing need for teaching criminal justice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Administration of Criminal Justice
- Criminological Theory
- Descriptive and Inferential Statistics (formerly Quantitative Research)
- Research Design
- Managing Criminal Justice Organizations
- Law and Public Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 98 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An application - Apply Online
- An application fee
- A statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Official test scores, when applicable
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.