The particular interests reflected in the choice of options may then be developed through the researching and writing of a dissertation.
Through the International Relations programme at Durham University, you will gain advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- The extent to which an international community has developed and the driving forces shaping its development
- Factors determining humanitarian interventions
- The processes of globalisation in the political, economic, cultural and scientific fields
- The governance role of international organisations
- How the degree of integration of countries into the international political and economic system varies and the determinants of those variations
- Historical and/or contemporary issues and debates in the politics and political economy of specific states and/or areas and/or international institutions and organisations
- Regime analysis and the concept of soft power governance
- An appropriate topic in international politics of their choice
More informationVisit official programme website
- European Institutions and the Policy Process
- The European Union as a Global Actor
- German Foreign Policy
- Collective Memory and Identity in Post-War Europe
- Collective Identities and Political Thought in Britain Since 1850
- Contemporary Socio-Political Issues in Muslim Religious Thought
- European Security
- International Relations and Security in the Middle East
- Issues in the Politics of Military Occupation
- Just War in Political Theory and Practice
- Politics, Government and Civil Society in the Middle East
- The Political Economy of Development in the Middle East
- America and the World: The Making of US Foreign Policy
- Region, Nation and Citizen in SE Asia
- Political Economy and Development in Chinese Business
- Nationalism, Revolution and Reform in Contemporary China
- Human Rights
- Political Ideology
- Strategic Asia: Policy and Analysis
- Theories of Capitalism
- A module offered by the School of Modern Languages.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 93 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Subjects required, level and grade
- 2.1 or First at BA level or the international equivalent.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.