This MSc International Relations of the Americas programme offered at the University College London provides a detailed and systematic understanding of the international relations of the Americas, with regard both to inter-American relations and relations with the world beyond.
This International Relations of the Americas programme offered at the University College London, which is unique in the UK, introduces students to skills essential for the analytical study of the international relations of the Americas and assessment of the hemispherical and global issues currently facing foreign policymakers in the nation states of the Americas.
Graduates of this programme are well placed to use their skills and knowledge to find employment in government, business, journalism, finance and international NGOs, teaching, or for further research in this field.
- Confronting the Colossus: US Anti-Imperialism, 1945-present
- Democratization in Latin America
- Histories of Exclusion: Race and Ethnicity in Latin America
- Latin American Economics
- Money and Politics in Latin America
- Politics of US Foreign Policy
- State and Society in Latin America: Ethnographic Perspectives
- Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Culture Wars: Arenas and Issues in Contemporary US Political Conflict
- The Latin American City: Social Problems and Social Change in Urban Space
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Challenges to Democratization
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Transitional Justice
- US Presidents and the Presidency
- From Skid Row to Obamacare: The Politics of Social Welfare in the United States Since 1900
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesInternational Relations American Studies Public Relations View 29 other Masters in American Studies in United Kingdom
- Normally an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. A basic reading competence in Spanish, French or Portuguese is useful but not essential.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.