The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley's 100% online, accelerated Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a Content Specialization in English provides the skill set needed to become an English language instructional leader to serve a diverse population in classroom and other settings. It enhances your ability to serve the needs of high school and community college students.
- Graduates of the MED in C&I with a Concentration in English program may seek positions as instructional coordinators, curriculum leaders, instructional coaches, language education mentors, educational consultants, language specialists, and similar positions in school districts.
- The MED in C&I provides 15 credit hours in English. Graduates of the program who are seeking opportunities to teach dual credit courses in the high school setting will need one additional three hour English course beyond the master’s degree.
- Learning, Cognition and Human Development
- Theory in Rhetoric, Composition and Literacy
- Studies in Composition Techniques
- Special Topics in Rhetoric, Composition and Literacy Studies
- Assessing & Responding to Student Writing
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching English View 1313 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submit your application online.
- Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities
- GPA 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
International13750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
National13750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
In-State13750 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.