The Master’s degree in Art at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is designed for those who desire to pursue advanced studies in art.
- The program provides art students with the opportunity for concentrated study in their major area; the concentrations allow them to expand their expressive capabilities for personal, professional, and academic reasons.
- Students will have the opportunity to explore 2-Dimensional, 3-Dimensional, and design structure.
- Students specialize in drawing, ceramics, painting, printmaking, sculpture, jewelry, photography, design, installation, performance, or mixed media.
- Advanced study prepares graduates for careers as practicing artists/teachers at the college or university level, or as professionals in other art-related enterprises. The program offers several concentrations.
- Art History
- Design Laboratory
- Design Studio
- Advanced Studies in Art History and Criticism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fine Arts View 200 other Masters in Fine Arts in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field, with a minimum of 60 hours of art at the undergraduate level.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester credit hours.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement detailing artistic direction and professional goals.
- Submission of 20 digital images or web address of recent works in major area of concentration.
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.