Guiding principles for trauma-responsive antiracist clinical social work practice presume the worth and dignity of all people, a strengths perspective, the need for client confidentiality, and client empowerment and self-determination in decision-making. Students of the Clinical Social Work program from Boston University learn to practice with an understanding of social policy and macro systems and consider how these policies and systems impact clients and worker practices.
Clinical internships provide opportunities for the application of classroom learning to individual, group, and family situations in the field. Additionally, internships promote reflective supervision that encourages students and supervisors to examine their positionality in the clinical relationship and overall thoughts and feelings that impact practice with clients.
Clinical social workers are employed in a wide variety of fields that include but are not limited to mental health, child welfare and children’s services, home-based interventions, health clinics and hospitals, family service and substance-use treatment settings, school social work, services for older adults, and housing agencies.
- Clinical Practice with Individuals
- Clinical Practice with Groups
- Clinical Practice with Families
- Advanced Group Work
- Group Dynamics
- Stress and Trauma in the Early Years: Interventions with Infants, Young Children, and Families
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Foundation: 33 credits
Advanced: 32 credits
Online traditional track: 65 credits
Online advanced standing: 40–43 credits
DisciplinesSocial Work Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 194 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Boston University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- $95 non-refundable application fee: Paid by credit card when submitting your application electronically
- Personal statement: 3-4 pages, double-spaced – must be a minimum of 3 full pages
- Current résumé or CV: no page limit
- Three references: One reference is required from a faculty member or advisor if you are currently in school, and/or from a supervisor if you are working
- Phone or Skype interview
- Additional materials as required for Transfer Students, International, Dual Degree, Advanced Standing, or Human Service Experience track candidates
International37838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37838 USD per year during 24 months.
National37838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37838 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.