About Biomedical Sciences at University of Pittsburgh
The Curriculum of the Biomedical Masters Program (BMP) has been designed to supplement, improve, and extend preparation for a career in biomedical sciences. The program emphasizes the development of thinking skills rather than the distribution of information. This will be done by covering a subset of key aspects of biomedical science topics emphasizing analytical, evaluative and scientifically creative thinking skills that will prepare our students for advanced biomedical training.
The curriculum is designed to achieve two major objectives:
- Improve student preparation
- Promote the development of individual and collaborative work and study habits appropriate for the health sciences
These goals will be achieved through an integrated series of active-learning courses, exceptional experiential opportunities, and dedicated one-on-one advising, mentorship, and coaching, designed to enable students to successfully apply to and perform well in professional or graduate health science schools.
- Biochemistry and Physiology
- Comprehensive Analysis of Disease
- Foundations of Successful Biomedical Career Planning and Development
- Method and Logic in Biomedicine
- Cell Signaling and Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology View 352 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Completed health professional program's prerequisites prior to matriculation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 - Recommended GPA 3.3 or above
- International Applicants to the Biomedical Masters program are required to satisfy the University's English Language requirements
- Transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended
- Three letters of reference
- A personal statement indicating the student’s path to professional health science school, including a short description of any relevant research or service-related or pre-clinical activities.
- Transcripts and academic documents from institutions outside the United States or Canada
- International applicants with academic transcripts or documents in a language other than English must submit the official transcript or document in the original language along with a certified English translation.
International49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 12 months.
National49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 12 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.