The Executive Master of Public Policy degree at the Australian National University is designed to strengthen and stretch you capacity to be an executive leader working in complex and dynamic policy environments. Throughout the EMPP degree you will reflect on your extensive policy experience, drawing on relevant scholarly debates on leadership and strategic policy-making in contemporary governance.
The degree strengthens your capacity for effective executive leadership in public policy particularly in analytic, strategic and reflective thinking. You will be equipped with cutting-edge conceptual and analytical tools, as well as skills in policy communication and persuasion.
The one year Executive Masters degree offers a unique cohort experience in high-quality education at Australia’s leading public policy school. Designed and taught by world class public policy scholars from the ANU’s Crawford School, this Masters degree is delivered through a mix of case-based, interactive and intensive modes of teaching.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the key debates and thinking about governing in a global context
- Exercise ethical and responsible leadership in making and implementing public policy
- Manage strategic policymaking, implementation, and evaluation processes in complex and changing environments
- Employ high-level analytical skills to evaluate policy challenges and policy outcomes
- Influence debates and analysis of public policy issues and practical challenges across diverse cultural, developmental and institutional contexts
- Communicate strategically with a range of other actors inside and outside government
- Governing Contemporary Public Policy
- Leading and Influencing Public Policy
- Strategic Policymaking
- Evidence and Analysis in Public Policy
- Policy Research
- Social Policy Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 52 other Masters in Political Science in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 095622F
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0.
- A minimum of seven years work experience in public policy in government, for profit or not for profit organisations
Applicants must provide a curriculum vitae and two references that show:
- Demonstrated management experience; and
- Demonstrated commitment to an executive career in public policy
In addition provide a statement of purpose that addresses the applicants commitment to an executive career in public policy.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 12 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.