Oklahoma contains nearly 40 tribal nations and the second-largest Native American population in the United States. Given their presence and the history of the region, Indian law affects virtually all areas of legal practice, making it a vibrant and growing field.
About the Indigenous Peoples Law program
The online LL.M in Indigenous Peoples Law from University of Oklahoma is designed for lawyers seeking additional knowledge in the field of Federal Indian Law. This program exposes lawyers to advanced legal education focused on natural resources, criminal jurisdiction, gaming law and the Indian Child Welfare act. The program is offered fully online and can be completed in 15 months.
The online LL.M. in Indigenous Peoples Law has been designed specifically for practicing attorneys by the Native American Law Faculty at OU. This program offers the opportunity to acquire broad knowledge of Indigenous Peoples Law to help clients better navigate the complexities of Federal Indian Law.
Each faculty member was carefully selected based on their experience and expertise in Native American law. This group will challenge you, collaborate with you and provoke you to think deeply about how law impacts Indigenous Peoples.
- History of Federal Indian Law and Policy-Part II
- Native American Natural Resources
- Religion, Culture & Indian Law
- Criminal Jurisdiction in Indian Country
- Civil Jurisdiction in Indian Country
- International Indigenous Peoples Law
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 41 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United States
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of your career and educational goals (1 to 1.5 pages, double-spaced)
- Official transcripts for all institutions attended
- International applicants must also submit an official TOEFL score and confidential financial statement
International31334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39168 USD for the full programme during 15 months.
National23044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28806 USD for the full programme during 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.