At the Education Practice and Innovation MSc course offered by the University of Southampton, you'll learn how to respond to the teaching needs of different types of learners, to give all students an equal chance to achieve their full potential. This is a research-focused course, so you’ll be expected to assess the impact of research in education and social sciences and how it affects educational strategies and policies. You’ll learn to refine your practice based on the critical skills you’ll develop, using evidence from research to analyse different teaching and learning methods. During the course, you’ll learn about:
- policies, educational practice and innovation within workplace learning
- different forms of innovation in learning and teaching
- barriers to and enablers of change in educational innovation
- major processes of training and development
- the evaluation process and its relationship to training and development
This is recognised as vital in your development when looking forward to, or continuing in, a professional role. You will be supported in learning how to form and maintain group cohesiveness to achieve clearly defined outcomes, such as a report, a group presentation or a combination of both. Group work will be managed through different ways reflecting approaches you may well experience in the work place. In some cases you will be grouped by the lecturer and at other times you will have the task to form your own group.
- Learning and Teaching
- Understanding Education Research
- Globalisation and Internationalisation in Education
- Learning and Digital Literacies
- School Effectiveness and Improvement
- Inclusion and Social Justice in Action
- Training Models and Evaluations
- Context of Lifelong Learning
- Policy and Curriculum
- Investigating Innovations in Learning and Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 974 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree, and will need to supply evidence that you have appropriate experience in education.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £21,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.