The Department of Teacher Education and Administration offers the Master of Education with a major in teaching with EC–6 Core Subjects, 4–8 or secondary education certification tracks. Specializations offered for EC-6 Elementary Education are ESL Supplemental and bilingual generalist.
The Master of Education with a major in Teaching, Elementary Education Online at University of North Texas requires 36 semester credit hours, with:
12 hours of core courses in education
12 hours in a specialization
6 hours of education foundations and/or pedagogy courses
6 hours of student teaching or internship/practicum (not online)
Of the 36 hours required, 24 hours overlap with requirements for the EC–6 post-baccalaureate certification-only program, and 18 hours overlap with requirements for the 4–8 or secondary post-baccalaureate certification-only program.
- Everyone Can Learn: Applying Theory to Teaching Practice
- Curriculum Development for Culturally Diverse Learners
- Maintaining Classroom Discipline
- ESL Content Instruction
- Pedagogy of English as a Second Language for EC–12 Classrooms
- Methodologies in Language Arts and Social Studies
- Instructional Methodologies in Mathematics and Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 80 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who do not hold either U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident alien status should apply through the UNT International Admissions Office, in addition to the Toulouse Graduate School and College of Health and Public Service. An international applicant's bachelor's degree should be equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree.
- Submit your application at applytexas.org and choose the "Teaching MEd - Master of Education in Teaching" in the degree plan list. Make sure you confirm that you are applying for the Online Program when prompted.
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended (official transcripts of all academic coursework previously undertaken, including an undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution in an allied field) and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School.
International16200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.