A deeper understanding of mathematics is one goal of the GCU master's in math education program. A second goal is to learn teaching and classroom techniques to help them become undergraduate math teachers. Theoretical and practical applications of both mathematics and instruction are at the heart of this degree program.Students with a math background who enroll in Grand Canyon University’s Master of Science in Mathematics with an Emphasis in Education degree program will become highly qualified instructors who can fill these openings at postsecondary institutions.This degree is offered in the evening at GCU’s main campus. This allows for working families and individuals with full schedules to advance their education. Students will have an on-campus experience while still maintaining the flexibility that evening classes provide.
Master’s in math education degree graduates from GCU are prepared to teach mathematics at the postsecondary level. They may find work at:
- Universities or colleges
- Local or two-year colleges
- Vocational schools
- Educational research/publishing companies
- Mathematical modeling
- Technology as a practical application
- Adult learning theory
- Distance learning methods
- Statistical inference
- Instructional design
- Communication in postsecondary environments
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 3375 other Masters in Education in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- All students must submit baccalaureate bearing college transcripts to meet the admission requirements of the University.
- Additionally, if students cannot meet the GPA requirements with their transcripts, but have a test score that meets admissions requirements, students will be eligible for full admission. If both the degree-bearing transcript and the test scores do not meet admissions requirements, students may be eligible to be admitted based on the Standards for Admission with Specification.
International16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 USD per semester during 12 months.
National16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.