The educational experience obtained through courses and research at the Environmental, Soil and Water Sciences program from West Virginia University is expected to provide students with the background and expertise to enter doctoral programs or professional careers as agronomists, entomologists, microbiologists, horticulturists, and plant pathologists or soil scientists. These disciplines are critical to maintaining agriculture and forest productivity, solving environmental problems, and promoting economic development in the state.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate detailed knowledge of their particular research area and fundamental knowledge of other areas relevant to environmental soil and water sciences.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to read and understand, peer-reviewed scientific literature relevant to their work.
- Students will employ technical skills in the laboratory, greenhouse, and/or field to acquire novel, high-quality data, and analytical skills to interpret the data to draw conclusions that are valid and meaningful.
- Students will communicate effectively in writing and orally about scientific concepts and the results of their research.
- Graduates of the program will gain skills that will help them be employed in a relevant professional position.
- Soil Chemistry
- Forage Harvesting and Storage
- Independent Study
- Advanced Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 664 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
To be eligible for admission into the Environmental, Soil and Water Sciences graduate program an applicant must submit the following documentation:
- Letters of Recommendation - Three
- Statement of Purpose
International27936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13968 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5679 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Morgantown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.