Students will gain detailed knowledge and skills in materials and molecular modelling, focusing on the state-of-the art simulation techniques employed to research the molecular level properties that determine the macroscopic behaviour of matter. They will also gain key research skills and will learn the basic concepts in business and entrepreneurship as applied to high-tech industries.
The training provided by this Materials and Molecular Modelling program at University College London (UCL) will enable entry into a wide range of fields. Students may continue in academia to complete a PhD or pursue teaching as a profession. Students with the skills obtained during this study are highly sought after by the industrial sector, including IT, sustainable energy, catalysis, nanotechnology, biomedical materials and pharmaceuticals.
- Frontiers in Materials Modelling
- Masters Literature Project
- Molecular Modelling Research Project
- Simulation Methods in Materials Chemistry
- Topics in Modern Chemistry
- Transferable Skills for Scientists
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry Molecular Sciences View 233 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International32100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.