A programme sitting at the leading edge of public health, our Master of Public Health degree at University College London (UCL) will equip you with the skills to make a difference to public health in a multitude of contexts.
This programme harnesses the expertise of public health academics, leaders, practitioners, and people with lived experience. Enabling you to bring world-class learning to your future employment, the MPH degree blends classical epidemiology with an innovative interdisciplinary approach. This is rooted in the recognition that our health is shaped by the world around us.
Where we live, learn and work, the food we eat, the way we travel, and even the way our taxes are spent, all affects our health. That’s why this programme brings together different disciplines, from social sciences to the built environment, to help you explore the big picture.
As a graduate of this programme, you can expect to gain employment in local, regional or national governments, in the healthcare sector or in non-governmental organisations (NGOs). Roles include public health practitioners, policy analysts, intelligence officers and advisors.
In particular, you may find yourself working on health improvement programmes, in health protection remits such as preventing outbreaks of infectious diseases, or on initiatives to ensure equal access to health services and medicines. As public health is relevant to many other sectors, ranging from engineering to urban planning, you can also apply your learning across a variety of other roles.
- Interdisciplinary Public Health
- Applied Epidemiology
- Statistics for Public Health
- Health Improvement Theory and Practice
- Health Systems Organisation, Economics, and Policy
- Health Protection
- Leadership and Management for Public Health
- Applied Quantitative Methods for Public Health
- Qualitative, Mixed, and Participatory Research Methods
- Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Policy
- Urban Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 289 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A minimum of upper second-class degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in a relevant subject (social, life, biomedical or clinical sciences).
- All applicants must show evidence of numeracy (e.g. AS/A level Mathematics/Statistics or at least one mathematical/statistics/quantitative module with a first class or 2:1 mark in the module or overseas equivalent).
- Candidates who do not meet the academic standard and/or subject backgrounds but who have more than two years relevant professional experience (can be a combination of voluntary and paid work) may be considered for admission.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.