The programme will offer specialised training in the clinical and scientific basis of overnutrition and obesity, and in public health measures and therapeutic approaches aimed at preventing and treating obesity.
Graduates will develop a thorough grounding in the theory and application of nutrition in prevention and treatment of obesity and its complications, and good understanding of the causes, and current best practice for treating overweight and obesity as observed in clinical practice. They will be knowledgeable in public health nutrition issues and the strategies employed at both national and local levels.
Specialist knowledge related to research on obesity and its complications and health risks will be acquired upon completion of the research project. Graduates will also develop a range of intellectual, academic, practical and research skills as part of the course related to the interpretation and evaluation of the academic literature.
This Obesity and Clinical Nutrition course at University College London (UCL) is planned and developed by experienced research and teaching academics in the areas of cardiometabolic disease and obesity and with the feedback from professionals with clinical work experience.
It is particularly suitable for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of cutting-edge translational research in the obesity field and in clinical weight management. You will be able to work as nutritionists in the health services of the UK and other countries, in the clinical nutrition or pharmaceutical industries. This programme will provide an ideal foundation for graduates who wish subsequently to undertake a PhD within UCL or elsewhere.
- Disease Related Malnutrition
- Fundamentals of Nutrition and Metabolism
- Disease and Disordered Eating
- Therapeutic Aspects of Nutrition
- Practical Nutritional Assessment
- Experimental Design and Research Methods in Nutrition
- Obesity and Public Health Nutrition
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Research Project (Obesity and Public Health Nutrition)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 135 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a biological science, medical or healthcare discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.