Students will cover key topics such as data processing and data analysis using modern methods that rely on Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Inteligence (AI); surgical data acquisition, including an understanding of the devices used to capture surgical data (e.g. trackers, robots, imaging devices); robot kinematics, motion planning, control and navigation.
Upon completion of this Medical Robotics and Artificial Intelligence programme at University College London (UCL), a successful student will be ideally placed to pursue a range of careers and opportunities from academic research to careers in industry and contribute to emerging technologies such as use of AI for computer and robot vision tasks, or development of surgical robots for minimally invasive surgery.
This MSc is an excellent starting point for further doctoral studies, as students learn from world-leading UCL researchers at the cutting edge of their fields. The healthcare sector also includes a field of medical technology (MedTech) start-ups and global companies, providing opportunities in industry or public healthcare.
- Robotic Systems Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence for Surgery and Intervention
- Medical Robotics and Devices
- Surgical Data Science
- Robotic Control Theory and Systems
- Robotic Sensing, Manipulation and Interaction
- Robot Vision and Navigation
- Research Software Engineering with Python
- Computer-Assisted Surgery and Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Robotics Artificial Intelligence View 259 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and related fields is required. Undergraduate level knowledge in programming languages (such as Python or C++) is essential, and we expect this to be evidenced on your transcript.
- Knowledge of mathematical methods and introductory probability and statistics is also required. Applicants must show an interest in developing thinking and problem-solving skills.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.