If you're looking to advance your career in ecology, mineral and oil exploration, health, urban and regional planning, mathematics, cartography, surveying, geography or environmental science, this six month full-time Geographic Information Science program from University of Queensland will equip you with the geospatial data skills you need.
Access specialist laboratories that feature the latest applications for GIS, remote-sensing, automating geospatial tasks with programming, and web map publishing.
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Regional planner
- Built environment consultant
- Environment and resource manager
- Mineral exploration consultant
- Emergency services officer
- Geographical Information Systems
- Landscape Ecology
- Coastal Processes and Management
- Earth Observation: Advanced Image Processing & Modelling
- Spatial Analysis & Modelling
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 16 other Masters in Geography in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or 2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
International20968 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20968 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
National15920 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15920 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.