You will gain knowledge of the various approaches to social epidemiology, and develop relevant skills in study design and statistical analysis, exploring the link between social environment and health, alongside a broad perspective on the social determinants of health and an ability to advocate research and policy measures in the field.
This Social Epidemiology course at University College London (UCL) is for you, if you are:
- passionate about making a positive change in the world
- enthusiastic to understand and debate health inequalities
- interested to develop skills in health data analysis and interpretation
- excited to join a diverse student cohort
The next generation of social epidemiologists, public health policy-makers and PhD students/researchers will find this an innovative 12-month programme.
First destinations for graduates of the programme include governmental departments, the NHS, non-governmental organisations, charities, insurance companies, health data companies, universities, research institutions. Some graduates continue their training as PhD students.
- Basic Statistics for Medical Sciences
- The Social Determinants of Global Health
- Health Inequalities over the Lifecourse
- Regression Modelling
- Research Methods for Social Epidemiology
- Social Epidemiology: Dimensions of Inequality
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEpidemiology View 22 other Masters in Epidemiology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required.
- Applicants must be confident using computers and show evidence of numeracy e.g. O level/GCSE Mathematics or Statistics (or overseas equivalent), or a module with a good mark in their degree.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.