The Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) from University of North Carolina Wilmington will prepare entry level professionals to enter the field of Athletic Training.
The degree is built around 60 credit hours of required coursework to satisfy the eligibility requirements for the students to sit for the national Board of Certification examination. Graduates from the program establish successful careers as Athletic Trainers in secondary schools, colleges and universities, professional sports programs, sports medicine clinics, and other athletic health care settings.
Technical Standards for Admission, Academic Progression and Graduation
Athletic Training education requires that the accumulation of scientific knowledge be accompanied by the simultaneous acquisition of skills, professional attitudes, and behaviors. Standards presented here are prerequisite for admission and graduation from the University of North Carolina Wilmington Athletic Training Program (the “Program”). All courses in the Program curriculum are required in order to develop the essential skills necessary to become a competent practitioner.
All candidates must have aptitude, abilities, and skills in each of the five skill areas specified below. Technological compensation can be made for some handicaps in these skill areas, but a candidate should be able to perform in a reasonably independent manner. The use of a trained intermediary would mean that a candidate's judgment must be mediated by someone else's power of selection and observation.
Therefore, third parties cannot be used to assist students in accomplishing curricular requirements in the five skill areas specified below. Reasonable accommodation can be made, as appropriate, as long as the integrity of the Program is upheld.
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Foundational Skills in Athletic Training
- Documentation in Athletic Training
- Anatomical Basis of Clinical Practice in Athletic Training
- Nutrition and Health Promotion Across the Lifespan
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Spine, Posture, and Movement Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 571 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Meet the technical standards for admission or show potential for accomplished tasks
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA from undergraduate coursework
- Personal statement in 1000 words or less describing primary career goals, most direct influence on choice to become an Athletic Trainer, your attributes related to the field of Athletic Training, and why you should be selected to the Athletic Training major
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Personal interview with the UNCW Athletic Training faculty and staff (via Zoom or in person)
- Must complete a secondary application with ATCAS
International19104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19104 USD per year during 24 months.
National19104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19104 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.