The Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics at Grand Valley State University is a Professional Science Masters (PSM) program. The medical and bioinformatics program has strong data analytics, teamwork, business, communication, project management, and ethics components, and includes an intensive health or life science internship.
Why Study Health Informatics and Bioinformatics at Grand Valley?
- One of five professional science masters (PSM) programs at Grand Valley. The demand for professionals working in all of the PSM fields is high, with income and job projections continuing to trend upward in the coming years.
- The program is tailored toward working professionals, offering flexible class schedules with evening meetings.
- Innovative program designed to integrate university coursework with business and health industry internships to educate informatics professionals for the future.
- Access to a high-performance computing lab for health informatics and bioinformatics needs.
- Qualified faculty members with a breadth of industry experience lead in the classroom and collaborate in ongoing research.
- Foundations of Biotechnology
- Health and Bioinformatics
- Ethics and Professionalism in Applied Science
- Discovery and Data Mining
- Information Management and Science
- Information Visualization
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Informatics Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 993 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- U.S. students must have an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale or a satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT test. All international students must have a satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT test, regardless of their undergraduate GPA.
- Resume detailing work experiences and accomplishments
- Personal statement of career goals and background experiences, including an explanation of how this program will help achieve educational and professional objectives
- Recommendations: Two professional or academic recommendations received online, addressing the candidates potential for graduate study completion.
International26640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.