The Master of Science in Applied Statistics at Grand Valley State University is a Professional Science Master's program that allows students to combine strong communication skills with an ability to interpret and present statistical findings. The curriculum emphasizes practical experience and statistical applications, so students are ready to make an immediate impact on the applied statistics industry.
Good performance in undergraduate statistics will strengthen an application. This coursework should include SAS and be equivalent to STA 216 at GVSU. Completion of this course and other statistics courses is recommended either concurrent with an application or later. Some other programming language experience is advantageous as part of an application (R, Python etc.) but it is not required. Quantitative/data-oriented work experience would also be considered relevant but is not required.
Why Study Applied Statistics at Grand Valley?
- The program offers a comprehensive curriculum in applied statistics at the graduate level, providing experience in a greater variety of applied statistical techniques.
- Statisticians are in high demand across a variety of industries: retail, manufacturing, health care, and academia.
- Internships provide valuable, hands-on industry experience sought by employers.
- Many of the courses are offered in the evening, allowing more flexibility in students' daily schedules.
- Students gain valuable experience in the application of statistical software.
- Ethics and Professionalism in Applied Science
- Seminar in Professional Science Practice
- Clinical Information Systems
- High-performance Computing
- Topics in Advanced Statistical Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Statistics View 702 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from all undergraduate coursework or a satisfactory score on the GRE.
- Resume detailing work experiences and accomplishments.
- Personal statement of career goals and background experiences, including an explanation of how this program will help achieve educational and professional objectives.
- Letters of recommendations from at least two individuals who are in positions to attest to the applicant’s successful completion of the program.
International26640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.