This Education programme offered at the University College London (UCL) supports beginning educational researchers and practitioners to make a contribution to the field of education studies based on a grounded understanding of their own position.
To do this it introduces such themes as curriculum, pedagogy, assessment, relationships between education and society, and the importance of education research, whilst encouraging students to relate these to their own contexts.
Teaching and learning
Modules are available as distance learning, face-to-face or mixed-mode (please note that some modules are not available in all modes). The programme is also offered flexibly, allowing students to take one or two modules a year and spread their studies out as they see fit.
Graduates from the MA Education have gone on to be successful in a wide variety of contexts related to education. Those already teaching have often been promoted, sometimes to senior leadership positions.
Others have found new opportunities in a different educational phase (from early years through to higher education) or in education policy or research.
Some graduates go on to work internationally on education and development projects, whilst others have developed plans to open their own schools. A good number of graduates undertake further research on PhD programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Perspectives on Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum, Policy and Practice
- Communicating Knowledge: Possibilities and Opportunities
- Education and Identities: Citizenship, Rights, Narratives
- Assessment: Issues and Practice
- Education and Development in Asia
- Gender, Sexuality and Education
- Education, Ethics and Imagination in a Globalising World
- International Perspectives on Education Reform: Curriculum and Assessment
- Gender, sexuality and education
- Assessment for Learning
- Contemporary Issues and Debates in Primary Education
- Development Education in the Era of Globalisation
- Teaching Controversial Issues
- Education Traditions and Systems in Europe
- Shakespeare in Education
- Contemporary Issues in English Education
- Education, Values and Identities
- Early Childhood Education
- Philosophy of Education: Knowledge, Mind and Understanding
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Early Childhood Education View 894 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. (Please note: one or two optional modules may have additional, specific entry requirements).
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,250
- International: £14,250
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.