You will focus on the critical issues and key developments relating to public policy, such as governance, globalisation and policy evaluation. This Public Policy MA at King's College London will equip you with the analytical and critical skills relevant for understanding the challenges of public policy and its implementation.
- You will learn to think analytically and independently about key issues and develop essential skills to support critical policy and qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Project placement (internship) providing you with future employment opportunities and the chance to study different public service areas.
- A highly flexible study programme, drawing on a broad range of professional and disciplinary expertise and experience.
- Regular speakers from UK-based government departments, public sector bodies, NGOs and policymaking units who discuss the implementation and evaluation of public services policies.
Career prospectsOur graduates go on to work in a variety of public sector management and policy-oriented positions. Recent graduates’ employment opportunities:
- Working in the policy and analysis section of a large London embassy.
- Health service leadership positions with responsibility for multi-million-pound budgets.
- A policy adviser to the chairperson of a major transport organisation.
- A senior analyst in the ministry of industry and trade of a developing country
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Policy Process
- Comparative Public Policy
- Public Policy Internship
- Liberty, Equality & Justice
- The Media & Public Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 237 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- A relevant UK honours degree of 2:1 standard or overseas equivalent; applicants with degree/professional qualification and at least three years experience in government or NGO service may also be eligible.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International23550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £6,375 per year
- Overseas fees: £11,775 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.