As a student on the MSc Artificial Intelligence for Biomedicine and Healthcare at University College London (UCL), you will be introduced to the foundations, use and development of AI approaches within the biomedical, clinical-sciences and healthcare application domains.
From diagnosis, prognosis, treatment selection to drug discovery and resource allocation, Machine Learning and AI are revolutionising the way we approach healthcare. Through its ability to analyse large quantities of complex heterogenous information, AI presents opportunities to improve care and productivity in health and care settings.
There is an urgent need to train a new breed of multi-disciplinary post-graduate students that are capable to effectively use AI expertise in biomedicine and healthcare. From research to clinical decision support there is an increasing demand for computer scientists able to tackle with the unique obstacles that Machine Learning and AI face in healthcare.The programme is designed to train the next generation of computer science skilled professionals broadly working in the biomedical science and healthcare sectors (both industrial and public). You will be extremely competitive in the job-market as well as acting as a feeder pathway for the Department’s AI Centres for Doctoral Training.
- AI for Biomedicine and Healthcare
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Probabilistic Modelling
- Deep Representations and Learning
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence for Domain-Specific Applications Project Preparation
- MSc Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Development Project
- MSc Artificial Intelligence for Biomedicine and Healthcare Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 259 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics or natural sciences, or natural sciences from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Evidence should be included within the application to demonstrate suitable mathematical skills (to at least Mathematics A level), analytical skills and programming experience in a procedural language. The applicant must have good computational thinking skills as programming is a core part of the programme.
- Fees to be confirmed
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.