As a student on the MSc Artificial Intelligence Science for Sustainable Development, you will learn the fundamental concepts of Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques, by studying foundations of machine learning, deep representations and learning, probabilistic modelling, responsible AI and others.
This MSc Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Development at University College London (UCL) will also allow you to discover the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Agenda, and how AI can act as a catalyst or inhibitor to achieve them. You will also learn how to approach real-world global sustainability problems with machine learning, how to measure and analyse the broader impact of AI and more generally, what we could do to ensure that these technologies become sustainable.
What this course will give you
- UCL Computer Science is recognised as a world leader in teaching and research.
- UCL has received the highest percentage (96%) for quality of research in Computer Science and Informatics in the UK's most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF2014).
- Our taught postgraduate programmes have some of the highest employment rates and starting salaries, with graduates entering a wide variety of companies.
- We take an experimental approach to our subject, enjoy the challenge and opportunity of entrepreneurial partnerships, and place a high value on our extensive range of industrial collaborations.
- UCL Computer Science graduates are highly valued as a result of the department's strong international reputation, extensive links with industry, and ideal location close to the City of London.
- AI for Sustainable Development
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Probabilistic Modelling
- Deep Representations and Learning
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence for Domain-Specific Applications Project Preparation
- MSc Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Development Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Artificial Intelligence View 259 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics or natural sciences, or natural sciences from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
Evidence should be included within the application to demonstrate suitable mathematical skills (to at least Mathematics A level), analytical skills and programming experience in a procedural language. The applicant must have good computational thinking skills as programming is a core part of the programme.
- Fees to be confirmed
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.