Online Family Nurse Practitioner at Simmons University’ innovative, online FNP program is designed for licensed registered nurses (RNs) who hold a BSN or a bachelor’s with a major in Nursing.
A Supportive Nursing Education Designed to Fit Students’ Lives
The Nursing at Simmons University online FNP program is designed to help nurses earn their MSN while continuing to provide care and help patients in their communities — we offer full-time, part-time, and extended program options, and consistent support from faculty and staff.
Programme StructureYou can select to do one of the following for your project:
- A quality improvement proposal
- A critique of existing medical literature
- Your own research, approved by the Simmons Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Advance your knowledge of prescribing medications
- Improve your communication skills
- Become familiar with diagnosing acute and chronic illnesses
- Turn to resources to develop plans and follow-ups for patients
- Understand the synthesis of various medications
- 24 months
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We offer five start dates throughout the year: in January, March, May, September, and November.
DisciplinesNursing Health Administration Health Sciences View 733 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
- a current unencumbered and unrestricted U.S. registered nurse (RN) license
- successfully completed (with a grade of 83 or better) a three-credit course in statistics and a three-credit course in health assessment. If you do not meet this requirement, please contact admissions to discuss other options for fulfilling this requirement.
- current résumé
- one- to two-page personal statement
- transcript(s) of your academic record
- three letters of recommendation
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, if your native language is not English.
International29640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1235 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1235 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.