Nurse Anesthesia from University of Tulsa curriculum is an integration of doctor of nursing practice (DNP) core courses and nurse anesthesia specialty courses. This intensive educational program employs didactic learning, laboratory skills, human patient simulation and extensive clinical experiences. The NA program culminates with the completion of a scholarly final project. You can find detailed information about the NA program in the graduate studies bulletin.
Students at Nurse Anesthesia from University of Tulsa will:
- Develop new practice approaches based on nursing theory and theories borrowed from other disciplines to improve health and reduce health disparities locally, nationally and globally.
- Employ strategic leadership skills and inter-professional collaboration to influence health policy, advocate for social justice, and promote equity locally, nationally and globally.
- Implement ethical, cost effective and evidence-based changes in care systems, while advancing the profession.
- Provide leadership at the highest levels to design, direct and evaluate system changes to deliver and promote patient-centered care that is culturally competent, safe, timely, effective, efficient and equitable.
- Engage in complex, evidence-based advanced nursing practice, and evaluate innovative approaches to care delivery for individuals, communities and populations.
- Orientation to Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Anesthesia Simulation Lab
- Basic Principles of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Health Policy
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology for Nurse Anesthetists
- Advanced Assessment
- Health Informatics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- International students - allow at least two to three months to complete
- Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships-22/01
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Informatics View 798 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- Documentation of a current unrestricted Registered Nurse license•
- Graduate School application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume
- 250-word professional essay
- Letters of Recommendation (Information & Requirements)
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended (official copies will be required before acceptance)
- Documentation of a current Registered Nurse license
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo exam and have an official copy of their results sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School.
- $60 application fee
- Completion of a shadow experience with a CRNA
- Nurse Anesthesia: minimum of one year (2,080 hours) of full-time experience within the two years prior to application.
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited nursing program
- Recommended overall GPA of 3.0
International38640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1288 USD per credit during 36 months.
National38640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1288 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.