At the Greenlee School, master’s students are …Immersed …
… in an innovative and intellectually stimulating environment that encourages scholarship and learning. We at Greenlee are dedicated to creating and cultivating an inclusive and culturally diverse setting where students can improve their skill sets and learn from each other. Within the master’s program, you will explore new ideas through a flexible curriculum that can be tailored to your individual interests and program of study. We will challenge your thinking and deepen your expertise to prepare you for a successful future.Supported …
… by an inclusive and vibrant community that is dedicated to research and excellence in media and communication. You’ll work closely with a faculty that includes Pulitzer Prize winners as well as top scholars in the field. We at Greenlee are committed to providing students with resources, financial support and professional development opportunities on and off campus. We seek to empower and encourage you to reach your goals. Upon finishing the program, you will graduate with an advanced degree from one of the most reputable journalism and mass communication programs in the country.
Learning Goals that students in this Journalism and Mass Communication program at Iowa State University are expected to meet include:
- To develop an understanding of the central issues and current research important to the field of journalism and communication.
- To be familiar with the breadth and depth of the journalism and communication profession.
- To be able to communicate acquired knowledge in the field.
- To be aware of ethical issues that pertain to the field of journalism and communication.
- To develop the ability to design and present an independent and meaningful research project.
- Theories of Mass Communication
- Communication Research Methods
- Strategies of Communication
- Graduate Study in Journalism and Communication
- Dvanced Research Methods: Quantitative
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 391 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a relevant course of study
- A 3.0 minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA)
- A score of 88 on the Internet-based TOEFL and media experience (for international applicants only)
In addition, applicants must provide:
- A statement in which the applicant describes his or her objectives in pursuing the master’s degree, career goals and research interests
- A resume that provides a summary of the applicant’s academic and employment history, honors and publications (if any)
- Transcripts from his or her undergraduate institution
- Three letters of recommendation that attest to the applicant’s aptitude for study at the graduate level
- Examples of professional and scholarly work (optional)
International28544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14272 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13388 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10572 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5286 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ames
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.