Biostatistics at University of Nebraska Medical Center is consistent with the core competencies of Biostatistics and strongly emphasizes the acquisition of applied skills and the theoretical mathematical foundations of Biostatistics. The primary focus is in the following areas of Biostatistics: study design; survival analysis; generalized linear models; longitudinal analysis; computing; and biostatistical learning (machine learning / AI).
These skills are essential to prepare students to work as biostatisticians or health data analysts in public and private research institutes, or the health care industry throughout Nebraska, the country, and the world.
Students may also choose careers as scientists / data analysts in non-health care related industries, such as banking and insurance.
- Biostatistics Theory
- SAS Programming
- Biostatistical Computing
- Biostatistical Methods
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Survival Data Analysis
- Correlated Data Analysis
- Design of Medical Studies
- Epidemiology in Public Health
- Ecological Statistics
- Survey Sampling
- Spatial Statistics
- Statistical Methods for High Throughput Biological Data
- Computational Biology
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 440 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- Applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.
- All applicants must hold (or be awarded before entry) a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university, with a GPA of at least B (3.0 on a 4.0-point scale).
- Applicants need to have taken undergraduate courses in calculus, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and introductory statistics.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities.
- All non-US transcripts must be evaluated by the World Education Service (WES) using their ICAP Course-by-course evaluation service.
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one of the references must be academic (from a professor, instructor, or faculty mentor).
- Statement of Intent
- Resume or CV
- The GRE is optional for students who meet the minimum GPA (3.0) and prerequisite grade (B) requirements.
International17586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 977 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 977 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 341 USD per credit during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.